Twilert, you're making the buzz! close
Have heard about our latest development?!! Don't tell me you have never heard of Twilert, I won't believe you! Twilert has been a real buzz machine since its launch a few weeks ago and in this world where empowered users can express anything they like, you had better start using it straight away! Before looking at Twilert world’s coverage, let’s first explain how it works and how it can help you...
Twilert stands for Twitter + alert.
In a prior post, I mentioned the manual monitoring tools like Twitter Search or Tweetscan. But wouldn’t it be far better to receive regular email updates of tweets containing any keyword you want to monitor?
Twilert is an email alert/notification service for Twitter. It’s like Google Alerts but for Twitter! This Twitter application, built by the Codegent Team in less than 3 weeks, is an amazing tool for people who need to listen what is being said about their name, brand, products, services, industry, employees...
Twilert is much more than a mere search alert service. By using the "Advanced settings", you can filter relevant tweets by keywords, author, recipient, location, link-location, and attitude (positive, negative or neutral). For a bit more insight on the features, here is a video created by a Twilert user:
Today, Twilert has 2000 users in 70 countries, receiving more than 5000 Twilerts. Many people are talking about Twilert on Twitter and on their blogs both here and abroad! Google Blog search shows that there are over 7,000 blog posts about Twilert. Below you can appreciate a small bit of this amazing global buzz:
- Chatting with the man behind Twilert - the new Twitter alert service
- Twilert makes it easy to follow tweets about your clients. (And your agency.)
- Twilert: Tweet alerts via e-mail
- Two ways to track brand buzz on Twitter to suit your information diet
- Twilert: digital data mining and identifying motivated audiences
- Twilert: Alertas de Twitter para seguimiento de marcas o parejas
- Twilert: Alertas por correo de Tweet interesantes
- Twilert: Recibir alertas para determinadas palabras en Twitter
- Twilert, un Google Alert dédié à Twitter
- Twilert - Alerte par mail de certains Tweets
- Twilert : Alerte mail Twitter
- Acompanhe a opinião do pessoal do Twitter por e-mail
- Twilert, um aplicativo Twitter que rastreia palavras-chave escolhidas por você
- Twilert: Receba por e-mail tweets relevantes
- Twilert: Benachrichtigungen, wenn bestimmte Begriffe getwittert werden
- Themen-Monitoring bei Twitter mit Twilert
- Twilert schickt Twitter-Mails
- Scopri se su Twitter viene citata una determinata parola con Twilert
- Twilert, monitora una parola su Twitter e ricevi degli alert quando viene citata!
- Twilert: Rimanere aggiornati in Twitter via email
Amongst all these blog posts about Twilert, 3 of them in particular drew my attention:
Firstly, KidTechGuru, a 14-year-old boy from Singapore, who’s probably one of the world's youngest professional bloggers and technology expert, explains in a great post what Twilert is all about and how it works.
Then, Twilert was recently cited in a post on Mashable as a tool to help you focus on the signal rather than all the Twitter noise.
Finally, The social media guru Guy Kawasaki, author of Reality Check, wrote a really interesting post on How to Use Twitter as a Twool listing Twilert as a tool to monitor what people are saying about you, your company, and your product.
In addition to this great coverage on blogs, Twilert was named Mashup of the day on the 5 December 2008.
Via word-of-mouth the news is spreading fast; the tool is powerful, so why don’t you give it a try at www.twilert.com? Set-up any keywords you would like to receive alerts about and start interacting with other twitter users discussing topics aligned to your keywords.